Thursday, May 6, 2010

Editing

Once I had rendered all of my scenes from 3Ds Max as AVI files, I was able to import them into Adobe Premier Pro and being editing and splicing them together to make them better to watch, and to add any title credits and other effects I wanted to add. Opposed to how some other people used 3Ds Max to place their sound, I used Premier Pro solely as I feel it gave me more accurate timing and editing powers with audio effects and background music.

I studied Cinematography at College for two years and am already very comfortable using video editing software. Although at College I was used to using Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro is very similar, it only has a few subtle differences, so I feel that I have been able to use the editing software to the best of its ability in adding extra mood and feeling to the video, as well as editing out any small blips that may have made it through the rendering process.

I also used the editing suite to add some stylized titles to the beginning and end of my animation. At the beginning I added the title of the fable and at the end of moral of the story. I feel that by adding these two things to the animation, people who were not familiar or had not seen the fable before could become easily accustom to it and know what it was about with greater ease.

I am very pleased with how the editing part of this module has gone, and feel very confident about the final quality of my animation. The only thing that I noticed about my final rendered animation is that it seems very fuzzy compared to the first, raw render from 3ds Max, although I am sure this is just a compression issue, and does not compromise the integrity of the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment