Thursday, May 6, 2010

Scene 2 - Old Man Pushes Rock Away


In this scene, the old man has had enough of pushing this huge, heavy rock along the path and decided to push it away in anger. Because I decided not to have actual speaking in my animation, I have shown the old man's distaste in pushing the rock any longer by waving his hands and shaking his head in such a way which is easy to understand. I have also added some sound effects where the old man is huffing and puffing angrily.

I set up the camera in this scene so that it would pan slowly from left to right to show the old man being angry and then to catch the boulder in the middle of the screen just as the old man's hands made contact with it, pushing it along the path.

Again, this scene uses a single Omni-light to portray moonlight coming through the trees. I am happy that I turned down the shadows density, as it means the old man's face is not completely shrouded in darkness, but still give the effect of it being night time.

I animated this scene by key framing the old man's hands and head to move in tandem with each other and when he actually comes to push this rock, I added a slight rotation on the spine to make him lean forward ever so slightly, to show him pushing all of his body weight onto the rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment