Thursday, May 6, 2010

Scene 6 – Death Threatens Old Man

In this scene, death portrays to the old man that because he has prayed for death, his time is up. Once he has stated this fact, he raises his scythe and charges the old man, planning on ending his life. Again in this scene, I decided to portray death giving his message without him actually speaking. I achieved this by having him do the hand sign where you draw your finger across your throat. This is universally known as a death threat and I thought that it worked well with the characters. For sound effects in this scene, I struggled to come up with some that I thought were a good accompaniment. In the end I just decided that death should "explode" onto the screen straight from hell, and seeing as I did not have an animated explosion, I decided that I could use an explosion sound effect hand have the whole screen flash to white.

The camera in this scene pans around death whilst he is doing his sign language. When death raises his scythe and charges at the old man, the camera races ahead in front of death in anticipation of his movement.

To animate death pointing, I really only had to move his wrists and the scythe. To do this I used the auto key tool to set the key frames. For the movement of death, because I do not use the biped’s legs because he is a floating entity, I simply selected the bip from deaths biped, and dragged it to where I wanted him to move to.

No comments:

Post a Comment